Friday, May 9, 2008

Photographer - check!

Our photographer was the first thing we crossed off our checklist. My Mom has always stressed the importance of good pictures and I knew that a good photographer was a priority in our wedding budget.

First, I had to get over the sticker shock for wedding photographers in our area. That was hard to do but after pricing several different photographers, I realized we needed to just suck it up. I looked a few recommendations for cheaper photographers from some ladies on the local TN board for The Knot but I wasn't impressed with their online pics. The way I look at it is that if I'm not impressed by the pics they've cherry picked to show themselves off, then I'm not going to be impressed by anything else.

I paged through our local city bridal guide and one photographer in general stood out to me and to my FI - Julie Roberts.

I loved how she made people look so good. I loved her candid shots but I also liked her more formal ones. After reading her blog, I fell more in love with her pics. After showing them to my FI, he stood up, called her and made an appointment! He's certainly not a disinterested groom but that kind of interest speaks volumes to me.

No comments: