Monday, June 2, 2008

A magical colored wedding dress

When I was in my 20s, I used to ponder significant issues with my friends like "Wouldn't it be cool if everyone's wedding dresses turned colors based on how slutty the bride had been before getting married?" Now lest you think I'm being sexist, first let me say that I'm totally in favor of this being the case for the groom as well. The dress (or tux) would kind of be like a mood ring. It would go from white to red, merely based on how much the person had slept around before marriage. We all thought this was a fabulous idea because we knew we all would rock the hell out of our scarlet red dresses when we walked down the aisles. But then I started thinking that this idea was stupid because of the puritanical nature of it. I'd rather my dress idea target people who are hypocrites - those girls who make a big show of pretending to be pure but who we all know are sleeping their way to a 2 carat engagement ring. I'm always been amused at how so many people will look askance at me because I'm living in sin but somehow it's perfectly ok for them to sleep with their BF as long as they maintain the image of having their own place.

I only mention the mood ring dress idea because one of the finalists for my wedding dress has large amounts of red in it. Touche!

No comments: