Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reception Search - THE HOLY GRAIL!

Ok, so Brother's Cove isn't the holy grail but it's pretty awesome. The night I got engaged, my Mom looked around the cabin we were in and said "Wouldn't it be neat if you could get married in a huge cabin somewhere up in the mountains?" I thought so and after talking with The Boy, we decided to focus on finding a reception area in the mountains.

Brothers Cove is fairly new and I can't even remember how I found it. I just know that I was Googling for venues and I came across pictures of their Countrymen's Lodge. I fell in love over the Internet. We saved this place for last because we were hoping it would THE ONE! Me being me, I know how much of a spaz I can be so the entire time we were driving up there, I kept telling myself "Don't get your hopes up! It probably sucks." The Boy and I got the keys to the place, drove up and walked in the door. We looked and each other and we both mouthed "Holy Crap!' This was exactly what we had envisioned. Somewhere rustic but still elegant. It looked perfect for a fall wedding and the fact that there were cabins on site(and very reasonably priced to boot) made it even more appealing.

Next, we checked out a cabin and they're stunning! I love how they're not stacked on top of each other and the views are amazing. The decor inside is some of the nicest I've ever seen. We're not going to be able to take a honeymoon right away but we knew that we'd be ok 'mini-mooning" at Brothers Cove.

We made a decision within ten minutes that we wanted to have our reception there. I called my Mom and gushed about how great it was. Now we just needed to see what dates were open. We came up with two - September 13 and November 8. Since it was May already, September seemed way too close and it would still be pretty hot. So November 8th was going to be our wedding day!!!

Here's a bunch of pictures we took that day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catsofmanycolors/collections/72157604601691217/

No comments: