Sunday, September 14, 2008

I am a Photoshop idiot!

I gave up on Illustrator yesterday. My 30-day trial was coming to a close and the program just made me feel dumb. I know that with some classes, I could learn how to use it but I don't have the time to do that right now. A few years ago, I messed around with Photoshop a little. By messed around, I mean I really had no clue what I was doing but could figure out enough to have some fun. So I thought I'd download it and see what I could do. I spent the better part of this afternoon messing around with the program. I figured out pretty easily how to take an existing monogram and add my initials but I really didn't want to go this route - it seemed too much like cheating. So I downloaded some free brushes and patterns and I was able to come up with this:


I am so freaking proud of myself. No - it isn't perfect but it's all mine!!! I still need to tweak it a bit but I am so psyched that I could do this in just an hour or two. I always see these gorgeous graphics on wedding sites and I drool over them, knowing that I could never do them because the people that do them are graphic designers. I am FAR from being a graphic designer but I still managed to create several cute monograms today. If I can do it, anyone of you can do this. Seriously - just download a copy and start messing around.
I'll try to post the places I found the patterns and brushes I downloaded tomorrow. Now I'm off to see the Yard Dogs Road Show!

No comments: