Monday, July 21, 2008

Bridal Bargains - buy this book

Can I just say that this is one of the best books I've ever bought? I bought a few other wedding planners but except for the DIY Wedding, I plan on returning the others because they've really not been of much help.

One of the things I love most about the book is that it helps you be an informed consumer. One helpful tip was when you call a reception venue or a caterer, don't tell them it's for a wedding. Tell them it's for a family function. The prices for two of the places we looked at were cheaper for a "family function". Needless to say, they got marked off my list. Another helpful tip was to be very aware of salespeople trying to put you in a much larger dress than you need. This happened to me once - I tried on a Maggie Sottero dress and it was too loose in the bust. The saleslady tried to convince me that going up a size could fix that because then the dress could be tightened more with the corset laces?!!! Ummm...that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I used the questions they provided when I interviewed my photographer, wedding planner, DJ and florist.

I've only had this book for 6 weeks and it looks pretty beat up which proves to me how much I've used it.

No comments: