Saturday, July 19, 2008

THE DRESS!!!! (drumroll please!)

The first picture isn't of my exact dress but the style is almost identical and it's the only one I can find of the back of it.



The designer is Judd Waddell and I wish there was a way you could touch this dress through the Internet. The fabric is so amazing! I bought it in ivory. It's strange. I usually look better in white than in ivory if I'm wearing a shirt. I'm very pale and have almost no warm tones in my skin. When I tried on wedding dresses though, every stark white dress looked awful on me.
I think it's funny that all the bridal mags and fashion sites will tell you that if you're petite, don't pick a ballgown because it will overwhelm you. Ballgowns were the style that looked best on me by far and the simpler dresses didn't look very good at all.
Anyway - that's THE DRESS!!! I never had that moment everyone talks about when they just know it's the dress for them. I think part of that is because I'm very critical of myself. I'm a very passionate, emotional person but it took a while for me to commit to this dress. Now, I love it more and more each time I see it.

No comments: