Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The weird bond of brides

I think it's so funny how just the act of planning a wedding helps you forge relationships with people who you might never really interact with. I'm getting laser hair removal before the wedding. I'm 34 and I've gotten several coarse hairs on my chin in the last few years. I've christened them "man hairs". So I'm trying to kill them.

The esthetician who I'm going to is not someone who I'd normally click with. She's much younger and as awful as it sounds, I can just tell by the way she dresses, the clothes she wears, the amount of botox she appears to have used and her general demeanor (and please note that I'm not saying I'm any better than her - we just seem very different) that we don't have a lot in common. Except weddings. She just got married and she's been an absolute doll as far as giving me tips and helpful advice. I do think part of it is that she gets to talk about her wedding again but I also feel like there are a lot of brides who want to help others

No comments: