Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do as I say, not as I do!

I am going to give you all some advice and I want you to promise me you'll take it! Never, I mean EVER buy a wedding dress that's too small. Just don't do it! It's a bad idea and you'll live to regret it. Trust me on this!!!

So guess what I did? That's right. I bought a dress that's too small. In my defense, we were getting down to the wire and I hadn't found another dress that I liked as much. The dress I wanted was only available in a sample size so I had no other option. But let me tell you, there's nothing like sheer, utter terror to get your butt moving!

I brought my dress to my seamstress two weeks ago and she confirmed what I had thought - there was no way to let it out easily because of the lace around the top. Now I'm not that far from fitting into it but it is putting a lot of pressure on me.

I have finally gotten my rear in gear and I've been putting in time on my rowing machine. Every day I add 30 seconds. I'm at 25 minutes now and I'm working my way up to 40 minutes every other day. I'm also lifting free weights and using an exercise ball and resistance tubes. I will never waste my time on weight machines again - I've actually got muscles now! I'm also counting calories and tracking my weight and measurements at SparkPeople.

My seamstress is fixing any loose beads and hemming my dress but she's not going to size it on me until mid-September. I'm nervous but I'm doing what I can. I've always felt better when I've exercised in the past so I'm glad I'm so motivated right now. If The Boy and I do decide to start a family right away, being in shape will only help us.

When I went with my MOH to try on bridesmaid dresses, I refused to let her order her dress a size smaller. I was kind of dictatorial about it because I knew she's dealing with enough stress from her job right now, the last thing she needed to do was voluntarily add more to her life with a do-or-die diet.

No comments: