Sunday, August 10, 2008

Slut shoes, white dress & Abba!

The night of my engagement party, my mom turned to me and asked me what things were really important to me for my wedding. I explained that I was pretty flexible with most stuff but there were three things that had to happen.

1) Red shoes - a must

2) A big wedding cake topper of a dress

3) Abba's 'I Do, I Do, I Do' playing for our recessional music.

I want to make it very clear that as much as I adore the movie, Muriel's Wedding, THEY STOLE MY IDEA!!! Not the other way around! When I was nine or ten, I used to listen to three things religiously on Sunday afternoons when my parents would nap(they were probably having sex). My dad's Moody Blues albums, The Annie Movie Soundtrack & Abba's Greatest Hits album. I don't have many wedding fantasies from when I was younger but one of them is that some day I wanted to walk down the aisle to 'I Do, I Do, I Do'! And now I'm going to get to do that! His family is going to freak when those saxes kick in.

No comments: